International life at Dominion College
Dominion College is known as one of Canada’s most diverse and all-inclusive private college. Dominion College embraces all colors, culture and religion, a culturally sensitive environment that makes international life in Canada so conducive, relaxing and stress free.
Dominion College international center assist international students right from their home country through their career pathway here in Canada.
Toronto and Brampton Campuses of the College are strategically situated for easy commuting around the Greater Toronto Area as well as connecting to other provinces and the International Airport.
Arriving in Canada
Upon arriving at the Airport or from any port of entry, you are expected to have the following documents ready to present to the immigration officer that will interview you:
- Your original letter of acceptance from Dominion College of Business, Health And Technology INC
- A valid passport
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) issued to you, if required
- Any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied for your student visa
- The letter of introduction given to you by the Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate
- Document showing how you will be supported financially
- Proof of your United States of America Citizenship or residency
- Please Note:
- When handed your study permit, check to make sure that your personal information as well as the expiry date are correct.
- A student bringing in more than $10,000 CAD into the country, must report the money at the port of entry
Students are advised to arrive the country at least two weeks before classes commence. The students will be given orientation a week before class, as this will ease off stress of the unknown and as well as introduce the teachers and the school faculty alongside what to expect in the course of study.
The students will be offered series of workshops that will encircle:
- Adjusting to the new life in Canada
- Discovering your new environment:
- How to get the bus pass
- Knowing your fellow students
- Trips to Niagara falls, CN Tower, Downtown etc
- How to be involved I social activities
- Health Insurance Support
- Renting a house and signing the lease
- Opening a bank account
Housing & Accommodation
The tuition paid for the course specified in the enrolment contract is only for the Course to be taken and does not include accommodation.
For rental listing visit: https://www.zoeken.ca
International Student Designation
Dominion College of Business, Health, and Technology is designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept and enroll international students! Dominion College of Health, Business and Technology Incdesignated learning institution number is O134304400382 (Toronto Campus); O134304400382 (Brampton Campus)
Information on student Visa/Post Graduate Work Permit
To get information on how to apply for student visa, the cost and waiting time as well as information on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) as it relate to Dominion College Of Business, Health and Technology Inc, visit www.canada.ca
- Applicant must be 18 years and above
- Applicant must pass the Wonderlic preadmission test (where there is no grade 12 or its equivalency), and the NACC literacy test (for those applying into the PSW Certificate program).
- Applicants must have their foreign credentials evaluated by any of these agencies: WES, ICAS or Dominion College Assessment tool
- Applicant must have a valid Standard CPR & First Aid (Level C)
- Applicant must have current cleared medical certificate
- Applicants must have cleared Vulnerable Police Certificate
- Two character reference letter
Summary: Admission Process
- Visit Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology Inc
- Apply to Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology Inc
- Write the entrance test
- Confirm acceptance
- Submit the relevant documents (see admission requirements above)
- Start classes
Accepting Offer of Admission
Student accepting the offer of Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology Inc. program as outlined in the letter of admission agrees to the terms and conditions of the College and specifically the terms and conditions below.
Students who do not accept these terms and conditions should not accept the offer of a place in Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology.
Repeat Fees for Incomplete Modules
Should the student not complete the program within the assigned academic year after registering in the program, the student would be pro-rated for the modules the student wishes to repeat and attend.
Full or Partial Refund of Tuition Fees
NOTE: Non refundable application fee: $500 (Five Hundred Canadian Dollars)
Refund policy is based on the Private Career College Act, 2005 through Ministry of Advancement Education and Skills Development of the of province of Ontario (PCC# 115330 and Certificate# 60622).
- Where the applicant has been refused a student visa to study in Canada, a full refund of tuition fees would be given on submission of all original documents and evidence of the refusal to Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology Inc. via firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the College Administrator with the subject heading: VISA REFUSAL: YOUR NAME & STUDENT NUMBER within ten (10) business days
- Where an offer into the course was made on the basis of documents, which subsequently proved to be fraudulent or misleading Dominion College Of Business, Health And Technology Inc reserves the right to retain the full fee.
- A student in breach of, government regulations governing his/her student status in Canada, will not be eligible for a refund.
- A student, who is convicted of a criminal offence in Canada, will not be eligible for a refund. (See the Enrolment contract for Refund policy based on the Private Career College Act, 2005)
- NOTE: The refund may take up to 2 to 4 weeks starting from the date the College Administrator received your email of the refusal documents.
For insurance coverage, visit http://www.windwarinsurance.com for a quote.
If there be any question or you need clarification, please email the College Administrator at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647.352.7228 (Toronto Office), 905.791.9108 (Brampton Office), 647.409.0768 or 647.502.0768. You can also reach us by fax#: 647.352.7229 (Toronto) or fax#: 905.790.9109 (Brampton)